Kids' Orthodontist in St. Peters and Perryville, Missouri
Timing is everything — especially when it comes to your child's orthodontic treatment. By taking your child to the orthodontist early, you can help ensure subtle teeth and jaw issues are diagnosed and treated before they develop into more significant problems.
Exam, doctor review, and check-ups are all complimentary
Interceptive orthodontics minimize the risk of extensive future care
Flexible hours, multiple locations, and easy appointment scheduling
Benefits of Early Orthodontic Treatment
Early orthodontic treatment is performed when baby teeth are still present. The American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) recommends scheduling your child's first orthodontic checkup by age seven. At this age, children normally have enough permanent teeth for a kids' orthodontist to detect any issues with their developing mouth.
Early orthodontic treatment can help:
- Prevent surgery: Treating teeth and jaw issues early can prevent complications and potential surgery in the future.
- Lower the risk of tooth decay: Having straight teeth makes it easier for your child to clean their entire mouth, reducing the risk of tooth decay from plaque and bacteria buildup.
- Contribute to clearer speech: Misaligned jaws and teeth can cause speech issues. Early orthodontic treatment can correct misalignments, helping your child speak more clearly.
- Improve digestion: Straight teeth and properly aligned jaws allow your child to chew their food more easily, breaking it down into smaller pieces that are better for digestion.
- Correct poor oral habits: Braces and other early orthodontic treatments can help break harmful oral habits like thumb sucking and tongue thrusting.
- Inspire confidence: Your child will feel more confident in their smile knowing straighter teeth are on the way.
Exam, doctor review,
and check-ups are
minimize the risk of
extensive future care
Flexible hours, multiple locations,
and easy appointment
OUR CHILDREN'S ORTHODONTIST SERVICES
At Unger Orthodontics, we offer several early orthodontic treatments to prevent future issues from developing. Some common early treatments we provide include:
Clear braces work similarly to traditional metal braces, except they use transparent and tooth-colored brackets for a more discreet look.
If your child's upper jaw isn't wide enough for adult teeth to grow in, they could benefit from wearing a palate expander. This orthodontic device creates space in the mouth by gradually widening the upper jaw. Most children wear a palate expander for three to six months.
TRUSTED PEDIATRIC ORTHODONTIST IN ST. PETERS AND PERRYVILLE, MISSOURI
Unger Orthodontics is here to help your child develop a beautiful, healthy smile. When you come to us for early orthodontic treatment, we'll evaluate your child's mouth and determine the best treatment plan. Even if your kid doesn't need immediate care, we can keep track of their oral health to ensure their teeth and jaws develop properly.
Dr. Unger and his team have helped children in the St. Peters and Perryville, Missouri, areas improve their smiles for more than 40 years. If your child has some baby and adult teeth, schedule a complimentary exam for them today.
REQUEST YOUR FREE EXAM
We look forward to helping you keep a beautiful smile for life!