Emergency Orthodontic Care
Orthodontic emergencies are dental situations that require a quick fix. Our experts at Unger Orthodontics prioritize offering solutions and ensuring you're well taken care of for brace repairs and if you experience a broken or lost appliance. In a true emergency, please go to an emergency room immediately instead of waiting for an orthodontist appointment.
If you experience any issues with your appliance or braces, please call us at 636-278-9058 and we'll schedule an appointment to assist you as soon as possible. We offer availability at our office in Saint Peters, Missouri.
Exam, doctor review, and check-ups are all complimentary
Interceptive orthodontics minimize the risk of extensive future care
Flexible hours, multiple locations, and easy appointment scheduling
What Is an Orthodontic Emergency?
Usually, you can resolve any issues you encounter at home with a temporary mouth protectant like orthodontic wax. However, some instances may require immediate attention with orthodontic emergency care, such as significant injury or trauma to the teeth, gums, mouth or face. Other situations when you may need emergency care include bleeding, swelling or infection of these areas or prolonged pain and discomfort.
Exam, doctor review,
and check-ups are
minimize the risk of
extensive future care
Flexible hours, multiple locations,
and easy appointment
Home Remedies for Minor Orthodontic Issues
If you don't believe you need immediate care at an emergency room or orthodontic office, follow these tips and tricks for solving minor issues:
- General soreness: Rinse your mouth with a warm saltwater mouthwash or dissolve a teaspoon of salt in 8 ounces of warm water and rinse vigorously to help relieve pain or irritation after getting braces or a device adjustment.
- Headgear discomfort: Refer to the instructions provided by your orthodontist for wearing your headgear during prescribed hours and contact us for an appointment if the facebow bends.
- Loose appliance: Use dental wax to hold the device in place or place it in a Ziploc bag to bring to an appointment if it comes off.
- Unsecured bracket: Put wax on your band or bracket to keep it in place, or wrap it in tissue and schedule an appointment with us if it comes out.
- Detached wire: Use tweezers to put your wire back in place, clip the wire where it's securely fastened behind the last tooth and apply wax.
- Sore teeth: Eat soft foods, use saltwater rinses and take an over-the-counter pain reliever if needed.
- Poking wire: Place dental wax on the places of your appliance that are irritating the soft tissues in your mouth.
If these situations persist or worsen, make an appointment with us.
Why Choose Unger Orthodontics As Your Emergency Orthodontist?
When you need treatment for orthodontic emergencies, receive peace of mind with these benefits we offer:
- Premier care: We offer the highest care possible as Diamond or Diamond + level providers.
- Quality treatment: Our experienced and knowledgeable team works to provide you with the best treatments for you and your family.
- Accessible services: We provide customizable care with flexible payment options to suit your needs and preferences.
- Outstanding patient experience: Our friendly and inviting team makes all ages feel welcome, and we're committed to providing our patients with high-quality services.
Contact Us for Your Orthodontic Emergencies
When you need a quick solution, we're here to help. Find emergency orthodontics near you in Saint Peters, Missouri. We're happy to make an appointment with you as quickly as possible with an emergency orthodontist.
Call us at 636-278-9058 or, for less urgent requests, fill out a contact form today!
REQUEST YOUR FREE EXAM
We look forward to helping you keep a beautiful smile for life!