What are the benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign provides many unique advantages, including:
- Virtually invisible: Invisalign uses clear aligner trays that are barely noticeable — there are no wires, metal brackets or elastics.
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are customized to fit over your teeth. They are also made of smooth plastic that sits comfortably against the inside of your cheeks and lips.
- No dietary restrictions: Invisalign trays are removable, allowing you to enjoy your favorite foods.
- Convenient: Invisalign comes with a series of aligners that you can put in and take out on your own.
- Quick results: Most Invisalign treatments are completed within 12 months.
All about Invisalign
Our customized Invisalign plans for you
At Unger Orthodontics, we use 3D computer imaging to ensure your clear aligners are specific to your teeth and will gradually shift them into place.
You’ll need to wear your aligner trays for 20 to 22 hours each day to get the best results, but you can remove them to eat and brush your teeth. You’ll also switch to new aligners every week or two. We give you a specific tray-changing schedule to follow based on your unique needs and goals.
Tips for Invisalign care
Invisalign aligners are generally easy to maintain. Once you begin your Invisalign treatment, follow these oral hygiene tips to keep your trays in good condition:
- Clean your trays with a mild antibacterial solution, lukewarm water and a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Soak your aligners to remove stubborn food particles.
- Continue to brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day.
- Avoid using hot water, toothpaste and any harsh chemicals on your aligners, as they can damage the plastic.
- Keep the aligners in a protective case when you’re not wearing them.